March 2018 SUMMIT #3 STEERING COMMITTEE
To enhance our ability to support initiatives and manage the growing momentum of the Summit, the Planning and Stewardship committees combined to create a Steering Committee. The Steering Committee exists to manage the Jewelry Industry Summit and address the needs of Sustainable Funding, Summit Planning, Initiative Monitoring, and Marketing.
The Steering Committee includes:
Cecilia L. Gardner, Raymond Hakimi, Richard A Nehls, Zephen Specht, Samuel Shiroff, Susan Wheeler, Gill Goshen, Kevin Reilly, Fred Knobloch, Klemens Link, Walter McTeigue, Jared Holstein, Stephen Feldman, Assheton Carter, Mark Tremonti, Girma Woldetinsae, Vivien Johnston, Mark Hanna, Joel Borgquist, Mike Pace, Sara Yood, Anna Bario and Robert Bentley.
There are four groups within the Committee: The Funding Group, led by Mike Pace, the Summit Planning Group led by Raymond Hakimi and Sara Yood, the Initiatives Group led by Susan Wheeler, and the Marketing Group, currently led by Cecilia Gardner.
The Funding Group has presented a preliminary budget for the next Summit; we would love to hear from any parties interested in sponsoring the event, there are opportunities at all levels. To learn more about summit sponsorship opportunities, click here: http://www.jewelryindustrysummit.com/contribute/.
The Summit Planning Group is hard at work planning the next Summit, scheduled for March 9-10, 2018 in New York City just prior to the JA NY Spring Show. Registration for the Summit will include entry in the JA show.
The Marketing Group is focusing on internal Summit and Steering Committee communications and will work closely with the Marketing initiative to keep our community informed about our progress.
January 2017 SUMMIT #2 PLANNING COMMITTEE
Below is an alphabetized list (by last name) of those involved in the planning of the second Summit to be held January 29-30, 2017.
- Jeff Bilgore - AGTA / Jeffrey Bilgore LLC
- Cecilia Gardner, JVC
- Cleo Zancope Gnatek, Jane Taylor Jewelry
- Doug Hucker, AGTA
- Christina Miller, Christina Tatiana Miller Consulting
- Richard Nehls, LA Rocks
- Mike Pace, Connected Jewelry
- Sam Shiroff, Signet
- Barbara Wheat, Gemalytics LLC / Natural Colored Diamond Association
Cheri Torres and Mike Feinson of Innovation Partners are working with us to design and facilitate the summit. To learn more about them: www.innovationpartners.com. Peggy Jo Donahue of Donahue Communications is the Summit PR writer.
March 2016 SUMMIT PLANNING COMMITTEE
Below is an alphabetized list (by last name) of those involved in the planning of the first Summit held March 11-13, 2016.
- Ann Arnold, BIG – Buyers Intelligence Group,
- Lita Asscher, Royal Asscher
- Anna Bario, Bario Neal
- Robert Bentley, Robert Bentley Company
- Mihir Bhansali, Firestar Diamond Inc.
- Edward Boehm, Rare Source
- David Bouffard, Signet Jewelers Ltd.
- Eric Braunwart, Columbia Gem House, Inc.
- Lisa Bridge, Ben Bridge Jeweler
- Bruce Bridges, Bridges Tsavorite
- Brandee Dallow, Rio Tinto Diamonds
- Bill Farmer, Farmer’s Jewelry
- Jeffrey Fischer, Fischer Diamonds, Inc.
- Rebecca Foerster, Leo Schachter Diamonds, LLC
- Karen Goracke, Borsheim’s
- Stewart Grice, Hoover and Strong
- Mark Hanna, Richline
- Hayley Henning, True North Gems
- Steve Hodgkins, Rolex USA.
The administrator for the 2016 Planning Committee is JVC.
Cheri Torres and Mike Feinson of Innovation Partners worked with the Planning Committee to design and facilitate the summit. They are conducted interviews with diverse stakeholders to ensure the design reflects all voices, concerns and hopes across the Jewelry Industry. To learn more about them: www.innovationpartners.com. Peggy Jo Donahue of Donahue Communications providing planning assistance to assist Summit 2016 and 2017's PR efforts.