BECOME A SPEAKER
THIRD JEWELRY INDUSTRY SUMMIT, TUCSON 2019
If you feel you have valuable knowledge and expertise which could help make the jewelry industry more sustainable we would like to hear from you!
We are inviting speakers to submit proposals that will inspire and inform attendees at our next Jewelry Industry Summit in Tucson on Feb 2nd and 3rd, 2019. At our Summits, members of the jewelry industry come together to participate in active learning, engage in critical discussions, and hear from outstanding presenters with expertise in responsible and sustainable business practices. In 2019, Summit attendees will be inspired by a roster of outstanding speakers - one of them could be you.
Please take a moment to explore this summary and consider submitting a proposal that will help our community build a more sustainable future.
The Jewelry Industry Summit (JIS) is a not-for-profit charitable organization created with the goal of promoting responsible jewelry practices by helping all sectors of the industry to learn about, develop and implement the latest sustainability tools and strategies. We provide opportunities for members of the jewelry industry to connect, collaborate, and generate plans to create meaningful change through their existing strengths, resources, and networks. Our speakers form a key part of this process by providing insights into potential solutions, sharing examples of best practice and recounting the lessons learned.
Topic areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
● Application of tools and assessments that support responsible business practices
● Case studies and success stories
● Innovative solutions
● How social media can support sustainability and responsibility
● How to ensure your entire supply chain is integral, legit and fair
● What retailers can do to ensure their business and products are sustainable
● What practical equipment might be recommended to further responsible sourcing?
● Why you decided to be third-party certified and how the process worked.
● The ROI on your investment in sustainable and responsible practices
To deliver exceptional learning experiences, preference will be given to proposals that provide a mix of practical tools and resources, stories demonstrating application, and feasible steps for people to begin or advance their efforts.
Presentations should be of value to jewelry industry members working to advance sustainable and responsible business practices. We have a variety of formats that will be employed at the Summit - choose the one that suits your presentation best:
1. Express Talks - (20 minutes) TED-style presentation that explores a single idea with practical tips through storytelling. This can include how the idea came about and why it is important with suggestions for implementation. The idea should have the potential to make a big difference to the industry. The concept or idea could be from another industry and applied to jewelry. Single presenter only.
2. Learning Labs - (60 minutes) A practical and interactive presentation highlighting a tool or resource that participants can apply in their business, community or organization to support sustainable business practices or responsible sourcing. One to three presenters.
3. Fireside Chat - An informal conversation where you are interviewed by a prepared third party in front of the audience. The Summit planners may partner you with one or two other people for your conversation.
PLEASE NOTE: ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE ON THESE FORMATS IS INCLUDED
AT THE END OF THE APPLICATION
1. Please submit proposals by completing this form.
2. Please send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The primary point of contact (POC) is the person submitting the proposal. The Events Committee will communicate with the POC for all communications including notifications and deadlines. The POC and is responsible for sharing information as needed with any co-presenters.
4. All accepted presenters must adhere to published deadlines.
5. All presenters and co-presenters must register for the Summit.
● Application Submission Deadline: November 16, 2018
● Approval and Invitation to Present: November 30, 2018
● Presentation and Materials Due: January 11, 2019
● Summit Dates: Feb 2-3, 2019
QUESTIONS? Please contact: